FBI Confirms Suspect in Nashville Bombing, Anthony Quinn Warner, Died in Explosion

The man who set off a bomb in Nashville on Christmas Day died in the blast, according to authorities, identifying him as 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner.

DNA tests were conducted on the human remains found at the scene. They match the 63-year-old Nashville man who was identified as a person of interest in the explosion. The blast ripped through downtown Nashville on Christmas morning.

On Sunday, law enforcement officials said that Anthony Quinn Warner, was the suspect, and that he died in the explosion.

“Anthony Warner is the bomber,” Donald Q. Cochran, the U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee, said at a news conference on Sunday afternoon. “He was present when the bomb went off and he perished in the bombing.”

Law enforcement officials also announced that there are no indications of anyone else being involved in the bombing. However, the investigation continues to dive into the possible motives behind the bombing. The investigation has without a doubt been thorough. It has included hundreds of federal agents and officers pursuing more than 500 leads since the explosion went off on Friday.

Federal agents searched Warner’s home in Antioch, Tennessee, roughly 11 miles from the site of the explosion. Images of the building pulled from Google Maps from March and May 2019, show an R.V. in the yard that is very similar to the one that the police say exploded.

Unclear Why Anthony Quinn Warner Set Off Bomb in Nashville

Although police and investigators have yet to release any potential motives in the bombing, it does not appear that mass murder was Warner’s intention, CNN reported. Both the date and time of the explosion meant the streets would most likely be empty.

However, at least three people so far were hurt in the explosion on 2nd Avenue in downtown Nashville. Police were initially called to the scene early Christmas morning, claiming on a report of gunshots. Meanwhile, when police arrived they found a suspicious-looking RV that had clothing blocking the windows.

A computerized voice was blaring out from the RV. It was putting out a warning message that an explosion was imminent.

“If you can hear this message, evacuate now,” it said. Then a 15-minute countdown started. In addition to being a date and time with few people around, the evacuation message would encourage anyone in the area to leave.

A CCTV camera nearby was able to capture the moments right before the blast. At 6:30 a.m. the RV blew up. It busted out windows, uprooted nearby trees, and damaged cars and buildings.

No one was killed in the blast. But it has unquestionably shaken up those in the Nashville community.